African Union is still accepting applications from citizens of member states who wishe to join the 7th Batch of African Union Youth Volunteer Corps tagged “7th Batch AU-YVC Recruitment.
The application has been on since August 02, 2016. It closes on August 22, 2016
Mode of application
Application for the 7th Batch AU-YVC Recruitment is available online. It only accepts ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
You can apply on the dedicated portal for 7th Batch AU-YVC Recruitment at www.africa-youth.org/auyvc
About African Union Youth Volunteer Corps
(AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’.
It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2017 will be 02nd – 22nd August 2016.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1) Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
2) Age 18 – 33 years;
3) Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligible Fields of Qualification
For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Diverse Natural Science Fields
- Environmental Management
- Gender Studies
- Human Resources
- Human rights
- International relations
- Political Science
- Space Science
Application Process for 7th Batch AU-YVC Recruitment
- Register on the AU-YVC Database (www.africa-youth.org/auyvc)
- Read carefully the information on the website
- Build Your Profile
- Attach the following:
– Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
– Highest qualification degree
– Letter of Recommendation
- Submit application (latest by 22nd August 2016 midnight Addis Ababa time)
*Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered
Recruitment Process for those that have applied in the last edition
1) 23rd August – eligibility Check;
2) 15th September: Successful applicants will be notified;
3) 15th October – 01st November: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
4) 2017: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment.
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
1) Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
2) A modest monthly stipend
3) Health insurance cover
4) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months
For more information, please contact Ms Prudence Ngwenya (Head of Youth Division); Mr Daniel Adugna (AU-YVC Program Manager)