Members of Boko Haram are launching attack on parts of Maiduguri this hour, and the Nigerian forces are battling with the situation in the metropolis.
Unconfirmed report said the insurgents made their way through cashew plantation to Polo area of the capital city.
Meanwhile, military authorities have warned residents to remain calm as they are on top of the situation.
“The general public is please requested not to panic and discountenance rumours of Boko Haram presence.
“You are further enjoined to please remain at home and be vigilant. The security situation in Maiduguri is under control,” Spokesman of 7 Division in Maiduguri, Colonel Kingsley Samuel.
also, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, said his men fought gallantly and repelled the attack.
The troops were supported by by air force, police and other security agencies to prevent the insurgents’ infiltration into the metropolis.
“Troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, in the late hours of Thursday, April 26, 2018; successfully repelled Boko Haram terrorists’ incursion in the outskirt of Jidari Polo area of Maiduguri.
“Troops with the support of the Air Task Force, Nigerian Police Force, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps and the Civilian Joint Task Force quickly mobilised to the area and cleared the terrorists incursion.
“The troops are currently in pursuit of the Boko Haram terrorists and dominated the area while also patrolling Jidari”.
He called on members of the public and residents of the area, who had earlier fled their homes to return.