Searching for Nigerian politicians who have cases of corruption to answer? Here is the list of political appointees, and public servants, who looted monies entrusted on them during the regime of former President Goodluck Jonathan (May 5, 2010-May 29, 2015).
While it is generally known that the list is politically motivated, it has been established that they actually looted public funds.
Here are their names as released by the Minister of Information and Culture, Mr. Lai Mohammed, on behalf of Federal Government led by the All Progressive Congress (APC).
1) Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki. Dasuki is still in detention for his role in the embezzlement of billions of Naira before the 2015 Presidential Election.
His office ONSA served as the detachment unit of the public funds during the reign of former ruling party, Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP).
2) Former Petroleum Resources Minister, Dieziani Alison -Madukwe. She ran away after her boss lost the 2015 election, some of her properties have been confiscated, and forfeited to the Nigerian government.
She hasn’t returned and might not return back to Nigeria until the end of APC government.
3) Rtd. Lt. -Gen. Kenneth Minimah
4) Lt .-Gen . Azubuike Ihejirika
5) Former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Barde
6) Former Controller General of Customs, Inde Dikko
7) Air Marshal Adesola Amosu
8) Senator Bala Abdulkadir
9) Former FCT Minister
10) A serving senator Stella Oduah, who served as minister of aviation during Jonathan’s regime.
11) Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu. Aliyu called himself the Chief servant of Niger, ironically, he looted the states treasury, according FG
12) Senator Jonah Jang , former Plateau State Governor
13) Bashir Yuguda , former Minister of State for Finance
14) Senator Peter Nwaboshi
15) Aliyu Usman
16) Former NSA Dasuki’ s aide
17) Ahmad Idris , former NSA Dasuki’ s PA
18) Rasheed Ladoja, former Oyo Governor
19) Tom Ikimi
20) Femi Fani -Kayode
21) Hassan Tukur , former PPS to President Goodluck
22) Nenadi Usman
23) Benedicta Iroha
24) Aliyu Usman Jawaz
25) Godknows Igali.
26) PDP chairman, Uche Secondus, he publicly apologised to Nigerians for their misdeeds during the party’s 16-year reign.
Secondus is accused of taking N200 million from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) on February 19, 2015.
27) Former PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, listed as being on trial for allegedly collecting N1.4bn from ONSA
28) A PDP chieftain and founder of Daar Communications, Raymond Dokpesi. Dokpesi is listed as being on trial for allegedly taking N2.1 billion from ONSA
29) Dudafa Waripamo-Owei, a former aide to former president, Goodluck Jonathan. He has been indicted for keeping over N830 million in accounts of four different companies.
30) Former president’s cousin, Robert Azibaola. His case is still in court for allegedly collecting $40 million from ONSA.
31) Former PDP Financial Secretary for allegedly took N600 million from ONSA on October 24, 2018.
It would be recalled that PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, challenged the Buhari-led government to name who looted public funds instead of “engaging media trial”
Mr. Mohammed said, while releasing the names, “The PDP has challenged us to name the looters under their watch. They said they did not loot the treasury.
“Well, I am sure they know that the treasury was looted dry under their watch. Yet they decided to grandstand. This shows the hollowness of their apology.
“They are in court and the records are available. Some of the people on this list are seeking to plea bargain, and that is a fact.
“We insist that Nigeria was looted blind under the watch of the PDP and that the starting point in tendering an apology is for them to return the loot.”
We expect to see more names in the days ahead as media scuffle between the ruling party APC, and now dominant opposition party, PDP.
It is also expected that those whose names appeared on list might challenge the FG in court, if they were listed for the first time.