You’ve been finding difficult checking your name on Npower website? Don’t worry you’re not alon if what you’ve been seen is 504 Gateway timeout error, it’s peculiar to a website that experience unprecedented surge in web traffic.
We’d tell you what 504 gateway timeout error means on Npower NG website and what you can do as an applicant to fix it, and NpowerNG Technical Team can do get it fixed.
Reasons for 504 Gateway Timeout Error
Some of the top reasons for seeing 504 Gateway Timeout Error on www.npower.gov.ng/n-power/search according to web hosting company bobcares.com are:
1) Browser errors – When the web client (such as browser) settings are not properly configured, it can cause connectivity issues to web server.
2) DNS issues – Incorrect DNS settings for the domain can cause domain resolution issues, which can cause timeout errors when trying to access it.
3) Network connectivity – If the network connection between the proxy server and the web server is poor, it will cause delay in getting response for the HTTP request.
4) Slow web server – The backend web server, say Apache, that is fulfilling the request can be too slow due to poor performance or too much traffic. This can lead to gateway errors.
5) Firewall blocks – The web server firewall configuration may have some errors or rules, which can prevent the connection from establishing properly and giving out errors.
6) Proxy server timeout – If the gateway or proxy server’s timeout duration is too short, there will not be adequate time for the HTTP request to be received and passed on to web client.
How to fix 504 gateway timeout error as NpowerNG applicants
Here are some of the quick solutions applicants can take to resolve this problem on npowerNG website:
1) Try to load the website in another browser
2) Refreshing/reloading the website or application
3) Checking for ISP or local firewall issues is also advisable
4) You can also try the URL from a different location
5) Try to restart the network devices
6) Check to confirm that the proxy server settings in the browser or application are correct
On the part of the Technical Team of NpowerNG here are some of the approaches they can take to get the issue resolved:
1) If the issue is not at client side, but in the server, then we implore the npowerng technical team to examine the web server error logs and get insight into the issue that could be causing the timeout errors.
2)NpowerNG Technical team should check the DNS settings of the website and fix any resolution error deteced.
3) With the help of network tools such as traceroute, npowerng team can detect the network connectivity errors and try to resolve them.
4) If the web server is under high traffic, we call on the team to hop in and bring it back to stable state.
5) For slow web servers, we call on npowerng team to perform web server optimization and parameter tweaking to improve its speed.
6) Npowerng technical team can audit the firewall blocks in the web server and ensure that unwanted blocks are not inhibiting the connections.
7) For proxy and web servers, technical team of npowerng can verify the ‘timeout’ configuration setting and increase it to an adequate value to avoid timeout issues. But increasing the value too much can affect the server performance. Server design and other performance parameters to resolve slowness issues can be undertaken.