This week, one of our free online courses is Essential Strategies and Skills for Successful Negotiation.
We all need the skills of negotiations in our daily lives because on a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others.
“Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement.”
What you’ll learn include:
(1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy
(2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success
(3) Close: Create a Contract
(4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game
To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following:
(1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills.
You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them.
A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations!
(2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world.
Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/
(3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly.
The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material.
Why you should take this course
- Ooursework is like an interactive textbook, featuring pre recorded videos, quizzes, and projects
- Privilege to connect with other learners from across the world on the platform and debate ideas.
- You’ll earn certificate for your work
Duration of course
7weeks of study, 75minutes per week
This course is available in 6 languages
Financial aid is available.
You’ll be taught by an authority in Business administration, Professor George Siedel