How to upload files, and copy a sharable link on Google Drive
Google Drive launched on April 24, 2012 is one of the services provided by the lion of the web, Google, which allows Google account holders to store files in the cloud, synchronize files across devices, and share files and documents on different media across the web.
Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more.
Google Drive offers users 15 GB of free storage, anything above that is paid for through optional paid plans between 100 GB and 30 TB.
8 simple steps to add files to Google Drive and share the URL anywhere
- On your computer, enter the address https://www.google.com/drive/
- Click on Go to Google Drive
- Use your Google account to login, if you already have one; if you don’t register an account with Google, it takes less than a minute to achieve that.
Note that one Google account gives you access to all Google Services.
- Now you’re inside your Google Drive, you have two options to upload files or documents
1 On top of the page, there are NEW; and 2) MY DRIVE
- Click on NEW or MY DRIVE, this brings up five options: New Folder, File Upload, Google Doc, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and more.
- Click on File Upload, which takes you to your computer, locate the destination of the file you want to upload and click on it, then click on open for the file to upload completely.
When the uploading logo is ticked, it means your file has uploaded completely.
- Locate the file, if you already have lots of files in your Google Drive
- When you click on the file, it’s highlighted in BLUE
Head straight back to the top of the page to click on the Google Drive Link sharing button, when it’s clicked the URL is automatically copied.
It’s ready to share on any channel: blog, website, social media etc.
You can copy the sharable link on Google Drive and share on your blog, website, and social media.
You might want to follow us for more N-Power updates, news, entertainment and research: