August 7, 2016: Applications due
End of July – September 2016: Review applications and update application status to candidates
August – September 2016: Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
At least 10 years of relevant experience + degree
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) Agribusiness Department is seeking to employ an industry expert in Washington, DC specializing in Supply chain. IFC’s Agribusiness Department supports investments in many sub-sectors: primary agricultural, fruits and vegetables, vegetable oils, tree crops, livestock, dairy, animal feed, food processing, milling, beverages and provides logistical and technical support to the agribusiness sector.
The Senior Industry Specialist (Supply Chain) will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IFC’s agribusiness strategies and investment program
- Provide industry and best practice advice to internal – IFC and WBG colleagues – and external clients and add value to new business development activities and portfolio monitoring, as well as to advisory services projects.
- Conduct due diligences assessing project strengths and weaknesses and providing investment teams with an appraisal report plus operational parameters to be built into financial models
- Participate in investment committee meetings reviewing investment and advisory proposals, and support best practice dissemination and knowledge sharing.
- Participates in conferences and seminars and other events appropriate to maintaining and building sector knowledge and promoting IFC agribusiness capabilities
- Assists in the selection, briefing and supervision of specialist technical consultants engaged on due diligence and advisory services activities.
- Recognized within IFC as an authority in one or more key sectors and participates in World Bank Group wide events and specialist working groups.
- Most importantly, 10+ years of experience at the senior management level of an agribusiness enterprise across several sub-sectors, with an emphasis on supply chain.
- University degree in agricultural, supply chain, technology, engineering or closely related field.
- Sound knowledge of current industry and sector operating parameters to permit comparative cost analysis and bench-marking, and established credibility as a respected regional or international agribusiness professional.
- Sound business judgment and proven track record of investment screening and assessment.
- Excellent communication skills in English; other language skills are an advantage; ability to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Good command of information technology.
- Cross-sectoral agribusiness experience and exposure to marketing, sales, distribution, operations, procurement, engineering, MIS, business development, quality and environmental management.
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel.
Create an account with an active email address and submit your application