Senior Industry Specialist (Livestock, Farming, and Food Processing) – Washington D.C.
World Bank is accepting applications from professionals and qualified individuals across Africa. The schedule of the 2016 Senior Industry Specialist (Livestock, Farming, and Food Processing) is as follows:
August 7, 2016: Applications due
End of July – September 2016: Review applications and update application status to candidates
August – September 2016: Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
At least 10 years of relevant experience + degree
IFC’s Agribusiness Department supports investments in many sub-sectors: primary agriculture, fruits and vegetables, vegetable oils, tree crops, livestock, dairy, animal feed, food processing, milling, and beverages and provides logistical and technical support to the agribusiness sector. IFC is seeking to employ an industry expert in Washington, DC specializing in livestock (beef, dairy, pork, poultry and aquaculture), farming, food processing and related supply chain activities.
The Senior Industry Specialist (Livestock, Farming, and Food Processing) will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IFC’s agribusiness strategies and investment program
- Provide industry and best practice advice to internal – IFC and WBG colleagues – and external clients and add value to new business development activities and portfolio monitoring, as well as to advisory services projects
- Conduct due diligences assessing project strengths and weaknesses and providing investment teams with an appraisal report plus operational parameters to be built into financial models
- Participate in investment committee meetings reviewing investment and advisory proposals, and support best practice dissemination and knowledge sharing
- Participate in conferences and seminars and other events appropriate to maintaining and building sector knowledge and promoting IFC agribusiness capabilities
- Assist in the selection, briefing and supervision of specialist technical consultants engaged on due diligence and advisory services activities
Be recognized within IFC as an authority in one or more key sectors and participates in World Bank Group wide events and specialist working groups.
- University degree in agricultural, food science, technology, engineering, veterinary or closely related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at the senior management level of an agribusiness enterprise across several sub-sectors, with an emphasis on livestock (beef, dairy, pork, poultry and aquaculture) and food processing
- Sound knowledge of current industry and sector operating parameters to permit comparative cost analysis and bench-marking, and established credibility as a respected regional or international agribusiness professional
- Sound business judgment and proven track record of investment screening and assessment
- Excellent communication skills in English; other language skills are an advantage; ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Good command of information technology
- Cross-sectoral agribusiness experience and exposure to marketing, sales, distribution, operations, procurement, engineering, MIS, business development, quality and environmental management
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel.
You have to create an account with an active email address. Create an account here.
Or apply on the official website of World Bank