August 7, 2016: Applications due
End of July – September 2016: Review applications and update application status to candidates
August – September 2016: Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
At least 8 years of relevant experience + PhD
The Corporate & Portfolio Risk Management Department provides Corporate-wide portfolio and risk oversight of IFC’s debt, equity and treasury portfolios, as well as managing IFC’s overall capital position and financial sustainability. The Department comprises six interconnected units: Equity & Valuation, Debt & Pricing, Treasury Risk, Capital Allocation & Stress Testing, Enterprise Risk & Solutions, and Systems Support & Data. Within this Department, IFC’s Treasury Risk Management Unit is responsible for measuring, managing and monitoring market, credit and liquidity risks in IFC’s portfolio.
The Treasury Risk Management Unit is seeking a Senior/Principal Risk Officer to join an international dynamic team in support of Quantitative Modeling.
The Senior/Principal Risk Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the quantitative analysis and research function as well as support various teams for financial and econometric modeling
- Play a senior role in maintaining close contact and liaison with internal Treasury/syndications clients in discussing/enhancing and explaining portfolio and investment risk
- Partner with market and credit risk teams as well as Treasury for new capital market development initiatives in frontier markets and other solutions for IFC clients
- Partner with the model validation team in support of developing approaches to analyze valuation and risk calculations of complex transactions and securities with embedded options
- Contribute to modeling, development and improvement of various quantitative tools and frameworks such as Economic Capital, Liquidity, Stress Testing, as well as valuation modeling of cash and derivative transactions and portfolio risk analysis
- Monitor relevant markets, security-specific risks and securities markets developments. In this regard the candidate is expected to have a deep knowledge of fixed income, derivatives and FX markets as well as possess strong judgment of markets relative to theoretical models
- Take technical and complex issues and explain them in simple and straightforward terms in communicating with internal clients and senior management
- Mentor, guide, and train junior team members
- Provide training and technical explanations both to internal/external clients.
- Preferably a PhD in a quantitative subject, such as physics, finance, mathematics or engineering, or an equivalent combination of highly quantitative education and experience
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in finance, fixed income, debt capital markets, and/or structured finance within an investment bank, rating agency, or other debt capital markets related entity, experience in emerging markets is a plus
- Broad knowledge of Treasury operations (liquid assets, funding, client solutions, quantitative analysis) and ability to form strong working relationships with clients
- Sound conceptual understanding of fixed income, derivatives and structured finance instruments combined with strong analytical skills, problem solving capability and good financial modeling skills
- Detailed knowledge of credit and market risk measurement techniques, including value at risk, stress testing and scenario analysis
- Strong knowledge of numerical and statistical analysis tools and languages such as C++, Python, R or Matlab or SAS
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling tools/libraries such as Numerix and/or QuantLib
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management and financial and technical partners
- Strong analytical ability and demonstrated professional leadership skill, as well as a strong interest and ability to undertake initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical issues in simple and straightforward terms
- Ability to mentor junior staff, multitask, meet tight deadlines and work efficiently in multicultural teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and resourcefulness.
How To apply:
Create an account with an active email address and submit application