Nigeria’s largest stockbroking firm, Stanbic IBTC brokers Limited has launched an electronic stockbroking service, e-trading platform, on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The online stockbroking by Stanbic IBTC Brokers, a member of Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc, will give stockbrokers the electronic capability the real-time market information that will enable them buy or sell shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange from any part of the World.
“In introducing the new platform, the overarching goal is to identify both opportunities and threats in the global marketplace, which is made available to investors in real-time to enable them respond as quickly as possible.
Our focus is on attracting investment to the Nigerian economy. The Stanbic IBTC E-Trade Platform is targeted at all retail investors.”
–Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Sola David-Borha
The e-trading platform by Stanbic IBTC Brokers is expected to help the market regain the confidence of investors by availing them of insight required to act prudently on new investment opportunities in the marketplace via a secure and robust technologically-driven platform.
“Stanbic IBTC Brokers is committed to help deepen the Nigerian capital market by making available to the investing public information, initiatives and strategies that can help them have superior information about developments in both the local and global markets,” Sola David-Borha, stated.
10 Benefits of e-trading of stocks by Stanbic IBTC Brokers
E-trading could as well be called mobile trading, so, some of the advantages of Stanbic IBTC e-trading according to the Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited, Titi Ogungbesan, are:
- Decision making will be faster as a result of reliable and timely data.
- Investors will be able to structure their activities for efficiency.
- It’s a platform that makes brokers have access to stocks in any part of the world.
- Brokers will have flexible online trading environment anywhere.
- Brokers will have 24- hour access to their brokerage account.
- Stockbrokers will access to live market data from The Nigerian Stock Exchange for instant investment decision, convenience, transparency.
- They’ll also have control over their investment.
- Another benefit of e-stockbroking by Stanbic IBTC Brokers is: Instant email notification on transactions.
- Automated contract note and trade notification delivery system.
- It is the most convenient way of trading just like electronic banking and mobile banking changed the way and how we bank.
For now, Stanbic IBTC E-Trade is limited to only NSE.
Stanbic IBTC e-trading platform can be likened to e-banking